Welcome to the Student Innovator Blog

Welcome to the Student Innovator Blog

About Me

My photo
The Student Innovators is a group of students passionate about using technology to help learning. They will be trying out apps and web tools alongside their studies and give feedback on the Student Innovator blog. They work together as a team to share their experiences so you know before you download which app is best. You are welcome to read their reviews and leave comments.

Thursday 14 May 2015

Learn English Grammar by Liam




Name of App:  Learn English Grammar

Cost: Free

Device/s used: iPhone





What was good about this tool?
It does provide practice quizzes and tests to check your knowledge, however these come from a free sample pack. These questions are a mix of multiple choice, drag and drop and fill in the gaps. All questions show the answers to check if I have got them right or wrong.  But one problem is that I can skip questions, but they don't provide me with explanations if I am unsure. 



What was bad about this tool?
I would like this app to have more explanations regarding English terms e.g. difference between 'past perfect' and 'past simple'. This app does not provide a section to see terms and definitions , it only tests you on them. 

The app only provides a sample of questions from different topics. It also keeps asking me if I would like to buy the whole question pack. I find this very annoying. 

2 comments:

  1. This looks interesting. I will download it and take a look. Is it available for Android phones do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great! Yes it is the link for this app for Android is as follows: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=bc.leg

    ReplyDelete